The ILL will host a PaNOSC WP3 Workshop from Tuesday 18th September to 19th September 2019 with the principal objective of advancing the specifications of the FAIR data API as defined in Task 3.1.
The programme will be updated over the following weeks, but suggested discussions and presentations are:
- API endpoints
- Determine endpoints that satisfy all facilities
- Search and API Query formulation
- NeXus: keywords, quantities, units
- Formulating complex searches (analyse use of a DSL?)
- Returned data structure
- Mandatory and optional data
- How to aggregate facility results (for use in a common portal)
- API Validators
- Harvesting by EOSC repos, OAI-PMH, extended schemas
- Initial thoughts on Federated Search Demonstrator (Task 3.2)
- Ties to optional EOSC services (authentication, file transfer...)
- Internal milestones, deliverables and risks
The timetable will be finalised closer to the event.