We advise you to bring the following items to make the most of the conference as well as your stay at Escandilles:
- Workshop material (pens and paper to take notes, laptop/laptop charger if required, phone charger, adaptor plugs,...etc)
- If Oral contribution : USB with PPT presentation
- If Poster contribution : Poster printed in A0 portrait format (don't forget to send "flash" slide to Franck Fieschi before Wednesday 08th March in anticipation of the Clip Sessions)
- If you are a sponsor of the event : any marketing material, flyers, presentations, business cards..
- Printed documents that you may wish to pin up in the entrance hall (post doc and thesis offers, for example...)
- Any medication you may require
- Swim-wear + flip flops
- Towels for the pool facilities (not provided by the hotel)
- Hiking shoes
- Sunglasses and sun screen
- Waterproof jacket
- Warm clothes
- Re-usable water bottle
Please note your bedrooms will be available upon arrrival at Escandilles, and you will be required to vacate your rooms by 9am on the day of departure. A baggage storage room is available at reception.
The lunch on the first and final day will be "buffet style". If you require a packed lunch to replace the lunch buffet on the final day (in order to take earlier transport etc) please notify the hotel when you arrive on site.
On Wednesday afternoon (15th March) you will have some free time after lunch (approx 3-4 hours) to explore the beautiful surroundings of the Escandille site, situated in the heart of the Vercors mountains in Autrans.
Dependant on weather conditions, a wide variety of outdoor activities are available in the area, and there are many beautiful walks surrounding the site to explore.
Please click the following link to access the Guide des Balades flyer. The first 3 walks (marked 'Autrans') are within walking distance from the conference site.
During your stay at Escandille you can also enjoy the following on-site facilities (which need to be booked in advance at reception for 20-minute slots) :
- an indoor swimming pool (open from 7am to 8pm),
- a jacuzzi,
- a sauna and hammam,
- a small gym,
- a ping pong table,
- a table football table,
Board games are also available at reception.
The Escandille acommodation is a 20 minute (1.7km) walk away from Autrans village, a small traditional French village with a bakery, a couple of cafés/bars, shops, a bank and a tourist office.
Click here for information on Nordic skiing (accessible from "Station Autrans-Meaudre", 8.5km from Escandille or a 12-minute drive). Please note that this is currently only partially open due to lack of snow.
You can refer to this website for cultural information and history of the Vercors region.