Best Contribution Awards
CARAC has always been an occasion where experts in advanced characterisation discuss and share experiences on innovative characterisation techniques and cases focused on industrial applications. The event targets three main fields of application: energy, microelectronics and engineering.
These advanced techniques are mainly used in the optimisation and development of new products and processes and in the understanding of the physical phenomena behind the macroscopic properties of materials and systems. CARAC 2019 sets the tone for matching scientific capabilities with industrial needs,.
For the first time this year, the Committee of CARAC 2019 opened the Best Contribution Award, inviting companies to present their cases involving characterisation challenges and innovative techniques of interest used in industrial applications.
The prize is a one-time free access to one of the facilities as a first feasibility test.
Submit your abstract addressing characterisation issues in one of the following fields. For each market sector consult the list of subjects for your abstract below:
• Micro- and nano-electronics
• Material engineering
Best Contribution Award Selection Criteria:
• Originality and quality of the poster / talk
• Technical/Scientific relevance
• Novelty of the work
Note: Posters must be presented by registered participants
The Abstract should consist in a short summary of minimum 300 and maximum 600 words, in a PDF of A4 format. Please include maximum 1 picture only if necessary. All the abstracts submitted before September 30th 2019 are eligible to a poster presentation during the dedicated poster sessions. Posters should respect the A0 format. Submitted abstracts will be shared on the CARAC 2019 website with all participants.
The Abstracts will be evaluated by the Poster Evaluation Committee (PEC), composed by:
• Maud Baylac, Head of accelerator and ion source division at CNRS-LPSC
• Jerome Beaucour, Directeur du PAC-G
• Caroline Boudou, Industrial Liaison Engineer at ILL
• Ennio Capria, Deputy Head of Business Development at ESRF
• Narciso Gambacorti, Director of the Nano-caracterisation programme at CEA-LETI
• Manon Létiche, Beamline scientist at ILL
• Laurent Maniguet, Director of CMTC - Grenoble INP
• Eric Mossang, Research Engineer at Institute Néel CNRS
• Thanh-Tra Nguyen, Research Engineer at CEA-Leti
• Francois Rieutord, Head of INAC/(MEM) Modelling and exploration of materials
• Rafael Varela Della Giustina, Business development engineer at PAC-G
• Cécile Girardot, Nanotechnology Industrial Liaison Engineer at ESRF
Selected abstracts will have to send an electronic copy of the poster in PDF format 5 days before the conference.
28th of May – Call for abstracts opening
30th of September – Abstract submission deadline
26th of October – Notification of acceptance for abstracts
18th of November - Registration deadline (All participants must register for the event)
23th November – Poster Submission deadline